I’m planning on wearing my bonnet, how about you?
A ritual that hearkens back to the early Christian Church connects individuals being baptized on Easter weekend to the numerous churchgoers who will attend holiday worship services decked out in new Easter finery.
Full story: New Easter finery has deeper meaning | NewsOK.com.
- Mabell Original Miniature Model Series Portable Toilet TU-R1S 1 12 Scale Figure
- TraxxasStampede 4WD RC Monster Truck RC Car,Black bluee Red Silver
- 3 Steps Stainless Steel Folding Ladder Stool Stairs Multifunction Non-slip Portable Household Ascend Bench shoes Rack Flower Stand - Wood Panel
- 1988 McDonalds Oliver and Co Dodger Toy by McDonald's
- Metallic bluee Star Stickers, 1 2 Inch Wide, 1000 Labels on a Roll
- Atlanta Falcons Vic Beasley Limited Edition OYO Minifigure
- Trademark Fine Art The Sun Never Says I by Kellie Day, 14x14
- Fenteer Cosplay Doctor Toys Medical Kit - Pretend Play Set for Kids Doctor Role Play Accessory, Xmas Gifts (C)
- color05 50 Wx60 L WinfreyDecor Kids Birthday Reversible Blanket colorful Kindergarten Party Cone Hats Cake Boxes Music Celebration Print Bedroom Warm 60 Wx60 L Multicolor
- Pixar Car 2 3 Toys 26 Optional Mac Uncle Truck 1 55 Injection Car Model Car Toy Christmas Gift 23
- Taskboard TB0950 70cm x 100cm Basswood Tone Modelling Board 0.08cm Thickness
- INJORA Unassembled 12.3inch 313mm Wheelbase Body Car Shell for 1 10 RC Crawler Axial SCX10 & SCX10 II 90046 90047 Unassembled YEL
- Hasbro Nerf Weather Blitz Football - Colours may vary
- Red 39 Elegant Round With Openwork And Patent Leather Shallow Mouth Pointed Slim Sexy Hollow Sandals Women's High-heeled fashionable
- 10mm Tahitian Baroque Cultured Pearl Leather Bracelet
- Hero Arts DIY Ornament Kit
- QYSZYG Aluminum Folding Table - Lightweight Portable Dining Table, Picnic, Travel, Outdoor Sports, 70 × 70 × 70cm, Three Styles Optional, with Folding Stool Folding Table (color C)
- New Drop Shipping Solid color Soft All-Inclusive Fabric Cover Sofa Slipcover Elastic Sofa Cover Couch Cover for 1 2 3 4 Seats SC01207, Four Seater
- Design Toscano The RMS Titanic Collectible Museum Replica
- Princess Paradise Kids Caribbean Pirate Hat
- Pokemon PPM-05 Pitapoke Town Candy house
- Wood color A Stools- Wooden Bench- Dining Chair Office Solid Wood Chair Home Back Stool Simple Computer Chair Creative Wooden Desk Chair HATHOR-23 (color Walnut color, Size B)
- Lord of the Rings Ages End Limited Collection Set (LoTR)
- Warmfamily Christmas Velvet Plush Throw Blanket Snowman Gets The Gift from Santa Claus in Winter Night Moonlight Illustration Throw Blanket 60 x50 bluee Yellow
On a very cold, snowy Sunday in February, only the pastor and one farmer arrived at the village church. The pastor said, ‘Well, I guess we won’t have a service today.’ The farmer replied: ‘Pastor, even if only one cow shows up at feeding time, I feed it.’
I found the above short story on a site of amusing Christian stories. Once, not too long ago, I thought I had only one Spiritual Journaling student show up for a workshop. I was thinking about what to do–perhaps send her to another class or what? The “problem” was solved when two more students arrived for that workshop.
But after reading the above, it really touched me that even if I have just the one on any given Lord’s Day, I should do all the Lord allows to give to that one soul all God has for him or her at that particular time.
What a lesson for not only pastors, but each of Christ’s disciples as well.
“So he told them this parable: ‘Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, “Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.” Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.” ~ Luke 15:3 -7
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Seven Wonders of the World
The Seven Wonders of the World have historically been a listing of the seven sites known by the Ancient Greeks as the most remarkable physical setting in their recognized world. However, since that time there have been many others who have developed various lists of the “modern” Seven Wonders of the World. It seems that the only list that has stood the real test of time is the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, produced by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
The Original Seven Wonders of the World
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
I remember being a grade school student and being absolutely enamored by the vision of the third wonder – The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. In fact today I am still drawn to images and renderings of what those gardens may have looked like! Maybe that is why I love my house plants
Other lists include: The “New” Seven Wonders of the World, New York’s Seven Wonders, Florida’s Seven Wonders, Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages, Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World, Seven Wonders of the Industrial World and more. There are several countries that list their seven wonders and there are lists for man-made wonders, civil-engineering wonders and blunder wonders! In all of these lists, I wonder … what have we learned and I get slightly depressed. We are still trying to make ourselves bigger and better than the next guy in most of our Continue reading …
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Have you received a card or note that has been handwritten? If so, I hope you felt the love that went into it. Every year since we have been married my hubby gets a birthday card with a handwritten message in it from his grandmother. They almost all start the same way: “I remember the night you were born …” These cards have been a treasure for my hubby and for me also. Through the years I learned family tales and stories andtraditions were passed on.
A few years ago I did what almost every one I know does on a daily basis. I walked out to my mailbox and picked up the mail. Every day I would get excited anticipating something addressed to me. Maybe I would get an announcement from my favorite nail salon, or a great coupon for a local restaurant, or a postcard from a family member, or a “Thinking of You” card from a friend or maybe … just maybe …a hand-written multi-page letter from a friend!!!
What I found was the same old thing.There was a couple of free magazines, a few odd advertisements addressed to “Postal Customer”, and bills! The only thing that even remotely looked like a personal letter was …
(To read the rest of this entry and enter to win 1 of 2 prize packages, go to the new website at this link address