I’m planning on wearing my bonnet, how about you?
A ritual that hearkens back to the early Christian Church connects individuals being baptized on Easter weekend to the numerous churchgoers who will attend holiday worship services decked out in new Easter finery.
Full story: New Easter finery has deeper meaning | NewsOK.com.
- Linen Polyester Sofa Cover Towel Slipcover 1 2 3 4-Seat Single Two Three Four-Seater Stretch KOR Cover for Couch Sofa 10 Sofa Towel 1PCS, Single 215x200cm
- Dragon Quest Super HG figure Dragon King
- KTYXGKL Car Model Car 1 24 Simulation Alloy Die-Casting Toy Ornaments 1970 Corvette Classic Sports Car Collection Jewelry 19.5x7.8x5.2CM Model car
- ArtWall Cora Niele 'Leaf Shades III' Unwrapped Flat Canvas Artwork, 16 by 22-Inch
- Weighted Blanket for Kids Baby,Abstract Button Pattern with colorful Design Crossed Parallel and Squared Pattern Cute,Multicolor Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch Multicolor 35 x60
- LAIBAERDAN Cloth Velvet Plush Toy Hug Bear Teddy Bear Panda Doll Hug Bear Doll Birthday Gift For Women
- ZHPBHD Step Stool Hospital Check Double Step Stool Home Clinic Two Step Stainless Steel Step Ladder Step Stool Small Staircase Step stool (Size 40CM×45CM×40CM)
- Grey Wooden, Scandinavian Style Kids Bed + ECO Mattress Set, House Bed 160x80 (Colour White)
- LsWOW Yoga Blanket Skull,Vintage Sugar Skull Girl Day of The Dead Bride with Dark color pinks Graphic, Petrol bluee White Warm Blanket for Autumn Winter 50 x60
- IPrint Throws Blanket Animal Soft Fluffy Minky Warm Cover Relieves Anxiety Stress Insomnia Artistic Portrait a White Tiger Wild Nature Predator Watercolor Splashes Decorative (Adults 60 x 80 )
- Generic HSP 1 10 Remote RC Nitro Car Baja Accs All Aluminum Alloy Metal Version Upgrade Parts for HSP 94188 Free Mail Permanent Holder
- Classikool Holi Festival Throwing Powder 7 Colours for 5K Runs, Marathons & Parties (7 Colour Set All 1kg, 1kg)
- Zapf Creation Baby Annabell Sheep Rocker
- DreamWorks How to Train Your Dragon. Colour Explosion Deluxe Set
- Solid color Stretch Sofa Cover Corner Slipcovers Sectional Elastic Furniture Couch Predector Seat Case Living Room Home Decor 16, Two-Seater
- Universal 2 3 4Seater Flexible Case for Sofa Cover Furniture Elastic Stretch Furniture Couch Covers Corner Sofa Cover Home Decor 7, Four Seater
- Spandex Sofa Cover Elastic Couch Cover All-Inclusive Sectional Corner Cover for Living Room l Shaped Sofa Cover funda Sofa 1PC color 6, 4-Seater 235-300cm
- Magic the Gathering - Surgical Extraction (099 249) - Modern Masters 2015
- 1PC Elastic Sofa Towel Furniture Predector Sofa Stretch Tightly Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Corner Sofa Cover 1 2 3 4-Seat color 20, 1seater 90-140cm
- Generic 2018 Four six-Drive Army Card RC Remote Control car DIY Modified Toy Model, Manual DIY Toy Truck 7
- Little Battlers LBX Joker Billy only (japan import)
On a very cold, snowy Sunday in February, only the pastor and one farmer arrived at the village church. The pastor said, ‘Well, I guess we won’t have a service today.’ The farmer replied: ‘Pastor, even if only one cow shows up at feeding time, I feed it.’
I found the above short story on a site of amusing Christian stories. Once, not too long ago, I thought I had only one Spiritual Journaling student show up for a workshop. I was thinking about what to do–perhaps send her to another class or what? The “problem” was solved when two more students arrived for that workshop.
But after reading the above, it really touched me that even if I have just the one on any given Lord’s Day, I should do all the Lord allows to give to that one soul all God has for him or her at that particular time.
What a lesson for not only pastors, but each of Christ’s disciples as well.
“So he told them this parable: ‘Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, “Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.” Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.” ~ Luke 15:3 -7
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Seven Wonders of the World
The Seven Wonders of the World have historically been a listing of the seven sites known by the Ancient Greeks as the most remarkable physical setting in their recognized world. However, since that time there have been many others who have developed various lists of the “modern” Seven Wonders of the World. It seems that the only list that has stood the real test of time is the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, produced by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
The Original Seven Wonders of the World
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
I remember being a grade school student and being absolutely enamored by the vision of the third wonder – The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. In fact today I am still drawn to images and renderings of what those gardens may have looked like! Maybe that is why I love my house plants
Other lists include: The “New” Seven Wonders of the World, New York’s Seven Wonders, Florida’s Seven Wonders, Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages, Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World, Seven Wonders of the Industrial World and more. There are several countries that list their seven wonders and there are lists for man-made wonders, civil-engineering wonders and blunder wonders! In all of these lists, I wonder … what have we learned and I get slightly depressed. We are still trying to make ourselves bigger and better than the next guy in most of our Continue reading …
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Have you received a card or note that has been handwritten? If so, I hope you felt the love that went into it. Every year since we have been married my hubby gets a birthday card with a handwritten message in it from his grandmother. They almost all start the same way: “I remember the night you were born …” These cards have been a treasure for my hubby and for me also. Through the years I learned family tales and stories andtraditions were passed on.
A few years ago I did what almost every one I know does on a daily basis. I walked out to my mailbox and picked up the mail. Every day I would get excited anticipating something addressed to me. Maybe I would get an announcement from my favorite nail salon, or a great coupon for a local restaurant, or a postcard from a family member, or a “Thinking of You” card from a friend or maybe … just maybe …a hand-written multi-page letter from a friend!!!
What I found was the same old thing.There was a couple of free magazines, a few odd advertisements addressed to “Postal Customer”, and bills! The only thing that even remotely looked like a personal letter was …
(To read the rest of this entry and enter to win 1 of 2 prize packages, go to the new website at this link address
- Free Birthday Cards (letsgetenergized.wordpress.com)
- Affections by Greeting Cards (socyberty.com)
- Bikkuriman All-Star all 42 species Comp set (nurturingcuriosity.wordpress.com)
- 01 – Birthday Card (love2type.wordpress.com)