I’m planning on wearing my bonnet, how about you?
A ritual that hearkens back to the early Christian Church connects individuals being baptized on Easter weekend to the numerous churchgoers who will attend holiday worship services decked out in new Easter finery.
Full story: New Easter finery has deeper meaning | NewsOK.com.
- Dromida 2.4GHz Transmitter Ominus Quadcopter
- LEGO Bionicle The Mask of Light Guurahk
- Ty Classic Garfield & Pooky BFF - Best Friends Forever by Ty Classic Plush
- color05 30 x50 Inch Weighted Blanket for Kids Beach,Sunset in Pacific Paradise Ocean Cave with Morning Horizon Stone Calm Seacoast Art, Cream bluee Couch Bed,Super Soft and Warm,Durable Throw Blanket 50 x60
- Oncegod Flannel Blanket bluee Japanese Ocean Sea Waves Camping Throw,Office wrap 60 W x 51 L
- Fish1yag2096 49x59inch=125x150cm YEHO Art Gallery 39x49 Inch Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft Throw-Blankets for Kids Adult,Black and White Lattice,Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch Home Decor
- color02 60 x62 Inch Outdoor Blanket Christmas,Snowman Reindeer Santa Claus Cartoon Image for Kids Festive Theme, Red White and Pale Brown All Seasons Anti-Static Couch Blanket Travelling Camping Blanket 50 x60
- Skywalker 8-Feet Round Trampoline with Safety Enclosure Combo
- Flannel Printed Blanket for Warm Bedroom,Christmas,Vintage Red Truck in Snowy Winter Scene with Tree and Gifts Candy Cane Kids,bluee White Red,One Side Printing,Excess Value
- Matchbox 1992 Tracy Island Electronic Playset
- WWE Classic Superstars Series 6 Koko B Ware THE BIRDMAN Wrestling Figure
- Let's walk Hakone ekiden (10000-step meter)
- bluee 486789cm Baby Dining Chair Sleek Minimalist Comfortable Breathable Stable Portable Folding Baby Chair (color Green, Size 48 67 89cm)
- Fisher Price - Little People Zoo Talkers Bear - Adorable Interactive
- International Playthings ELC Music Garden by Early Learning Centre (ELC)
- North Ring 21 1968 Schuco 1 43 Porsche 908 KH (Mitter) (japan import)
- My Little Pony Fashion Style Fluttershy Figure
- Farmerly Pink red Purple Heart Quilted pluch Sofa Cover Double-Faced cama Cover for Living Room Furniture sectional Couch Covers SP4895 Red per pic, 110cm210cm
- New Purple Plastic Cups Big Party Pack, 16 Oz., 20 Pk. Caribbean
- Hot Wheels 2015 HW Workshop '90 Acura NSX 218 250 Red
- 361. Sunrise Sunset Gorgeous Baby Grand Musical Piano With Bench - Over 400 Song Choices - Yellow Ribbon - SWISS
- Florsheim Men's Salerno Cap Toe Oxford Cognac Smooth 10.5 D US
- Art Wall Paul Gauguin 'Vairumati' Unwrapped Canvas, Flat 22 x 28
- As Shown F540 3300KV Brushless Motor RC Upgrade Waterproof F540 3000KV Sensorless Brushless Motor with 45A ESC Combo Kits +Program Card for 1 10 Remote Control RC Car Truck (As Shown, 45A ESC)
On a very cold, snowy Sunday in February, only the pastor and one farmer arrived at the village church. The pastor said, ‘Well, I guess we won’t have a service today.’ The farmer replied: ‘Pastor, even if only one cow shows up at feeding time, I feed it.’
I found the above short story on a site of amusing Christian stories. Once, not too long ago, I thought I had only one Spiritual Journaling student show up for a workshop. I was thinking about what to do–perhaps send her to another class or what? The “problem” was solved when two more students arrived for that workshop.
But after reading the above, it really touched me that even if I have just the one on any given Lord’s Day, I should do all the Lord allows to give to that one soul all God has for him or her at that particular time.
What a lesson for not only pastors, but each of Christ’s disciples as well.
“So he told them this parable: ‘Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, “Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.” Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.” ~ Luke 15:3 -7
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Seven Wonders of the World
The Seven Wonders of the World have historically been a listing of the seven sites known by the Ancient Greeks as the most remarkable physical setting in their recognized world. However, since that time there have been many others who have developed various lists of the “modern” Seven Wonders of the World. It seems that the only list that has stood the real test of time is the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, produced by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
The Original Seven Wonders of the World
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
I remember being a grade school student and being absolutely enamored by the vision of the third wonder – The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. In fact today I am still drawn to images and renderings of what those gardens may have looked like! Maybe that is why I love my house plants
Other lists include: The “New” Seven Wonders of the World, New York’s Seven Wonders, Florida’s Seven Wonders, Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages, Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World, Seven Wonders of the Industrial World and more. There are several countries that list their seven wonders and there are lists for man-made wonders, civil-engineering wonders and blunder wonders! In all of these lists, I wonder … what have we learned and I get slightly depressed. We are still trying to make ourselves bigger and better than the next guy in most of our Continue reading …
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Have you received a card or note that has been handwritten? If so, I hope you felt the love that went into it. Every year since we have been married my hubby gets a birthday card with a handwritten message in it from his grandmother. They almost all start the same way: “I remember the night you were born …” These cards have been a treasure for my hubby and for me also. Through the years I learned family tales and stories andtraditions were passed on.
A few years ago I did what almost every one I know does on a daily basis. I walked out to my mailbox and picked up the mail. Every day I would get excited anticipating something addressed to me. Maybe I would get an announcement from my favorite nail salon, or a great coupon for a local restaurant, or a postcard from a family member, or a “Thinking of You” card from a friend or maybe … just maybe …a hand-written multi-page letter from a friend!!!
What I found was the same old thing.There was a couple of free magazines, a few odd advertisements addressed to “Postal Customer”, and bills! The only thing that even remotely looked like a personal letter was …
(To read the rest of this entry and enter to win 1 of 2 prize packages, go to the new website at this link address
- Free Birthday Cards (letsgetenergized.wordpress.com)
- Affections by Greeting Cards (socyberty.com)
- Ravensburger Busy City Puzzle (35-Piece) (nurturingcuriosity.wordpress.com)
- 01 – Birthday Card (love2type.wordpress.com)