I’m planning on wearing my bonnet, how about you?
A ritual that hearkens back to the early Christian Church connects individuals being baptized on Easter weekend to the numerous churchgoers who will attend holiday worship services decked out in new Easter finery.
Full story: New Easter finery has deeper meaning | NewsOK.com.
- Langley Models Foden 'C' Type steam Wagon (Not Actual Working Steam Model) O Scale 1 43 UNPAINTED Metal Model Kit M14
- KidKraft 17210 Disney Pixar Cars 3 Florida Racetrack Set & Table, White
- EBBRO 1 43 SUBARU BRZ R & D SPORT SUPER GT300 2013 Okayama Test No.61 (japan import)
- Hello Kitty Clutch Purse Tin Carry-All - Designs Vary by Tin Box
- 20185224 Full(78 x90 ) Anjos Hearts Brown Simple Brief Polyester Microfiber Duvet Cover Set Bedsheet Pillowcases Bedding Set 3pc Twin Size 61 x80 (155x205cm)
- Swift Stream RC X-7 Red X-7 Helicopter, Red
- Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Exclusive Collector Trainer Set - Brock and Croagunk
- Jay Franco Mojang Minecraft Travel Blanket - Measures 40 x 50 inches, Kids Bedding Features Mineral Blocks - Fade Resistant Super Soft Fleece - (Official Mojang Product)
- color11 60 x78 Inch BelleAckerman Outdoor Blanket Shark,Watercolor Animals with Silly Expressions Bubbles and Sea Waves Kids Ocean,bluee Pale bluee White Cozy, Easy to Carry Blanket 50 x60
- Generic 1 50 fire Engine Airport fire Truck Model Alloy car Toy Model Pull Back Sound Light Toy for Kids Gifts Red
- Tropical Floral Geometric Stripe Printing Stretch Sofa Predector Slipcover Modern Living Room Dust-Proof Elastic Couch Case 16, Four Seater
- Realistic Reborn Baby Dolls Boy Look Real Silicone White Baby Jumpsuit with Blanket 22 Inches
- CNC Alloy LED Taillight Light Lamp & Car Light Controller for 1 5 hpi rovan km Baja 5b 5sc 4wd ss rc car Parts Silver
- Pink Turquoise Bride Personalised Hen Party Invitations
- Farmerly Minimalist Geometric Stripe Printing Sofa Predective Slipcover Case Anti-Dirty Dust-Proof Elastic Couch Seat Cover for Living 3, Single seat
- Drum Of Dice, 5 x5-1 4 x5 , 144 Pieces, Assorted, Sold as 1 Package
- 1749 GLJJQMY Toy Model Anime Character One Piece Decoration Souvenir Collectibles Crafts Gifts Ai Ni Road 30cm Model Toys
- Svetanya Full Slipcover Sofa Cover sectional Elastic Couch Case for Different Sofa All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant 20180965, S 90-140cm
- Funko POP Star Wars Episode VII First Order Stormtrooper 66 Vinyl Bobble-Head NEW by Funko POP
- Apurpleng Antique golden Tone Turquoise bluee Gem Rhinestones Large Peacock Bird Brooch Pin
- XLLLL Baby Multi-Function Play Mat Pedal Piano Fitness Rack Newborn Music Remote Control Gym Toy
- Nici 40482.0 35 cm Classic Bear Girl Caramel Dangling Soft Toy
- Hand2mind AngLegs (Pack of 72)
- THE NEW TEEN TITANS DC COMICS Pretty Starfire (1 7 Scale PVC Figure)
On a very cold, snowy Sunday in February, only the pastor and one farmer arrived at the village church. The pastor said, ‘Well, I guess we won’t have a service today.’ The farmer replied: ‘Pastor, even if only one cow shows up at feeding time, I feed it.’
I found the above short story on a site of amusing Christian stories. Once, not too long ago, I thought I had only one Spiritual Journaling student show up for a workshop. I was thinking about what to do–perhaps send her to another class or what? The “problem” was solved when two more students arrived for that workshop.
But after reading the above, it really touched me that even if I have just the one on any given Lord’s Day, I should do all the Lord allows to give to that one soul all God has for him or her at that particular time.
What a lesson for not only pastors, but each of Christ’s disciples as well.
“So he told them this parable: ‘Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, “Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.” Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.” ~ Luke 15:3 -7
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Seven Wonders of the World
The Seven Wonders of the World have historically been a listing of the seven sites known by the Ancient Greeks as the most remarkable physical setting in their recognized world. However, since that time there have been many others who have developed various lists of the “modern” Seven Wonders of the World. It seems that the only list that has stood the real test of time is the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, produced by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
The Original Seven Wonders of the World
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
I remember being a grade school student and being absolutely enamored by the vision of the third wonder – The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. In fact today I am still drawn to images and renderings of what those gardens may have looked like! Maybe that is why I love my house plants
Other lists include: The “New” Seven Wonders of the World, New York’s Seven Wonders, Florida’s Seven Wonders, Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages, Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World, Seven Wonders of the Industrial World and more. There are several countries that list their seven wonders and there are lists for man-made wonders, civil-engineering wonders and blunder wonders! In all of these lists, I wonder … what have we learned and I get slightly depressed. We are still trying to make ourselves bigger and better than the next guy in most of our Continue reading …
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Have you received a card or note that has been handwritten? If so, I hope you felt the love that went into it. Every year since we have been married my hubby gets a birthday card with a handwritten message in it from his grandmother. They almost all start the same way: “I remember the night you were born …” These cards have been a treasure for my hubby and for me also. Through the years I learned family tales and stories andtraditions were passed on.
A few years ago I did what almost every one I know does on a daily basis. I walked out to my mailbox and picked up the mail. Every day I would get excited anticipating something addressed to me. Maybe I would get an announcement from my favorite nail salon, or a great coupon for a local restaurant, or a postcard from a family member, or a “Thinking of You” card from a friend or maybe … just maybe …a hand-written multi-page letter from a friend!!!
What I found was the same old thing.There was a couple of free magazines, a few odd advertisements addressed to “Postal Customer”, and bills! The only thing that even remotely looked like a personal letter was …
(To read the rest of this entry and enter to win 1 of 2 prize packages, go to the new website at this link address