I’m planning on wearing my bonnet, how about you?
A ritual that hearkens back to the early Christian Church connects individuals being baptized on Easter weekend to the numerous churchgoers who will attend holiday worship services decked out in new Easter finery.
Full story: New Easter finery has deeper meaning | NewsOK.com.
- Hot Geometric s Spandex Elastic Sofa Predector Slipcover Case Cosy Anti-Dirty Stretch Sofa 3, Three Seater
- Revell Bausatz 04511 4511 WW II GroundSupport Equipment 1 48 Kinderland
- Modern Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Cheap Sofa Towel Elastic Corner Sofa SectionalSpandex Sofa Slipcover 1PC Dark Grey, Single seat
- Generic 6pcs 20A Mini SimonK ESC Speed Controller OPTO 20-499Hz 2-4S for RC Multicopter QAV250 330
- Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens Reys Speeder (Jakku) Vehicle Set B3676
- color05 60 x50 QINYAN-Home Soft Travel Blanket(60 x36 Summer Quilt Comforter Girly Decor Pastel colord Portrait of A Woman with Soft Digital Flowers Bridal Theme Romantic Image Biege Pink.
- Suchashome Greek Key Warm Blanket Pastel Pink White and bluee Round Floral Grecian Fret Hellenic Ornament Blanket Small Quilt 60x32 Inch Baby bluee bluesh White
- Clouday Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Warm Throw-Blankets for Girls Boys,Cozy Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch,Beautiful Landscape of Coconut Surfboard,39x49inch
- color13 70 x90 Inch BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Romantic,Your Hug is My Favorite Place Quote with a Soft color Palette Romantic Pattern,Multicolor Throw Blanket for Ultimate Comfort 50 x60
- Dragon Action Heroes 1 9 Scale Captain America Winter Soldier Stealth Suit
- CAOYUSmall stool Solid wood shoes bench, multi-function double shoe rack living room small seat stool simple storage stool storage stool
- GLJ Fashion Telescope Single Tube with Flashlight Multifunction Telescope
- Paw Patrol Adventure Bay Town Set with Marshall
- Premium Sebon Star Moon prism 3. makeover pen [Sailor Jupiter] (single)
- Lady sunglasses female retro round frame sunglasses color sunglasses driver driving glasses,C
- High Quality Sofa Cover for Dog Pets Living Room Armchair Sofa Towel Lounge Predector Couch Cover 1 2 3 Seater Slipcover 3, 2 seat
- Farmerly Floral Geometric Print Spandex Stretch Sofa Cover Slipcovers Elastic All-Inclusive Sectional Couch Case Cover for Living Room 8, Two-Seater
- VIDOO Mini Live Steam Engine Brass Stirling Engine Model Science Education
- Comfot Resin Carousel Constellation Music Box Brilliant European Creative Girls Gift For Christmas Valentine's Day Birthday
On a very cold, snowy Sunday in February, only the pastor and one farmer arrived at the village church. The pastor said, ‘Well, I guess we won’t have a service today.’ The farmer replied: ‘Pastor, even if only one cow shows up at feeding time, I feed it.’
I found the above short story on a site of amusing Christian stories. Once, not too long ago, I thought I had only one Spiritual Journaling student show up for a workshop. I was thinking about what to do–perhaps send her to another class or what? The “problem” was solved when two more students arrived for that workshop.
But after reading the above, it really touched me that even if I have just the one on any given Lord’s Day, I should do all the Lord allows to give to that one soul all God has for him or her at that particular time.
What a lesson for not only pastors, but each of Christ’s disciples as well.
“So he told them this parable: ‘Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, “Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.” Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.” ~ Luke 15:3 -7
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Seven Wonders of the World
The Seven Wonders of the World have historically been a listing of the seven sites known by the Ancient Greeks as the most remarkable physical setting in their recognized world. However, since that time there have been many others who have developed various lists of the “modern” Seven Wonders of the World. It seems that the only list that has stood the real test of time is the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, produced by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
The Original Seven Wonders of the World
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
I remember being a grade school student and being absolutely enamored by the vision of the third wonder – The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. In fact today I am still drawn to images and renderings of what those gardens may have looked like! Maybe that is why I love my house plants
Other lists include: The “New” Seven Wonders of the World, New York’s Seven Wonders, Florida’s Seven Wonders, Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages, Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World, Seven Wonders of the Industrial World and more. There are several countries that list their seven wonders and there are lists for man-made wonders, civil-engineering wonders and blunder wonders! In all of these lists, I wonder … what have we learned and I get slightly depressed. We are still trying to make ourselves bigger and better than the next guy in most of our Continue reading …
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Have you received a card or note that has been handwritten? If so, I hope you felt the love that went into it. Every year since we have been married my hubby gets a birthday card with a handwritten message in it from his grandmother. They almost all start the same way: “I remember the night you were born …” These cards have been a treasure for my hubby and for me also. Through the years I learned family tales and stories andtraditions were passed on.
A few years ago I did what almost every one I know does on a daily basis. I walked out to my mailbox and picked up the mail. Every day I would get excited anticipating something addressed to me. Maybe I would get an announcement from my favorite nail salon, or a great coupon for a local restaurant, or a postcard from a family member, or a “Thinking of You” card from a friend or maybe … just maybe …a hand-written multi-page letter from a friend!!!
What I found was the same old thing.There was a couple of free magazines, a few odd advertisements addressed to “Postal Customer”, and bills! The only thing that even remotely looked like a personal letter was …
(To read the rest of this entry and enter to win 1 of 2 prize packages, go to the new website at this link address