I’m planning on wearing my bonnet, how about you?
A ritual that hearkens back to the early Christian Church connects individuals being baptized on Easter weekend to the numerous churchgoers who will attend holiday worship services decked out in new Easter finery.
Full story: New Easter finery has deeper meaning | NewsOK.com.
- Geometri olorful ofa Over Elati Lip Anti-y ouh Over ofa Funit Over Towel All olor 4, 4eater 235-300m, Hina
- 3m×4m LPKH Tarpaulin Clear Waterproof Tarp Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Cover Sheet Market Stall Cover Versatile Tarpaulin for Tents (Size 2m×5m)
- Techcll Random 30pcs Jumbo Medium Mini Slow Rising Kawaii Squishy Cake Panda Bread Buns Phone Straps Phone Charm Key Chain Gift (30 pcs)
- JD RAZOR MS-101B1 orange (Japan import The package and the manual are written in Japanese)
- Predective Gear, Kids Knee Pads, Predective Gear Knee Elbow Pads and Wrist Pad Set, Safety Pad
- Throw Blanket Super Soft Fuzzy Light Blanket,Teen Room Decor,Young Fashion Girl with A Hat and Glasses Female Clothes Beauty Image Decorative,Black White(51 x 51 )
- NEW Black Plated Tungsten Carbide Men's Bracelet with gold IP Stripe
- Sofa Cover Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Stretch Modern Sofa Covers for Living Room Washable Home Hotel Couch Cover copridivano color 12, 2seater 145-185cm
- Evans Orchestral Timpani Drum Head 23.5 inch
- Losi 5ive Front and Rear Shaft Cover Plate Rc car spares Free Shipping
- Small World Toys Ryan's Room Wooden Puzzles - Dinosaur Dig
- Mayflower Products Wonder Woman 8th Birthday Party Supplies and Balloon Decorations
- Disney Frozen Follow Your Heart Anna,Elsa,and Olaf 16 Backpack-Brand New by Disney
- Fancy Dress Miss Burlesque Baby Party Costumes Veneziano for Halloween Carnival Cosplay 50550
- 6 on Pushout Bingo Paper Cards - Green - 250 Sheets - 1500 Cards
- Wedding COBE M
- Le Jardin de Monet a Giverny Framed Print Art
- Ladies 1950s 50s Day Dress Polka Dot Red Black Hen Do Fancy Dress Costume Outfit (Black)
- The Kids Room by Stupell Art Wall Plaque, See You Later Alligator After a While Crocodile
- Generic 20pcs Same Harry Potter Fantastic Beasts Rubeus Hagrid Figure Moody McGonagall Ron Hermione Building Blocks Brick Toys PG1181 LordVoldemort
- DC Collectibles Designer Series The Flash by Greg Capullo Action Figure
- Art Design Photos Cool Quilt Fresh Grass with Dew Drops at Sunrise Hypoallergenic Blanket for Bed Couch Chair
- Tonkin Replicas 1 50 Kenworth T700 Sleeper cab 6-4 bluee
- (Small, Brown) - Costume Culture Women's Howl-O-Ween Girl's Costume, Brown, Small
- BloomerangDIY 4DOF Robot Arm 4 Axis Acrylic redating Mechanical Robot Arm with Arduino UNO R3 4PCS SG90 Servo
- Chloe 8 Aurora World Mini Flopsie Plush Series + 1 FREE Aurora Mini-Plush Charm Bundle 
- TY Beanie Boo Plush - Sami the orange Fish 15cm by Ty
- KONITZ MUG Hummingbird 1110320813 (japan import)
On a very cold, snowy Sunday in February, only the pastor and one farmer arrived at the village church. The pastor said, ‘Well, I guess we won’t have a service today.’ The farmer replied: ‘Pastor, even if only one cow shows up at feeding time, I feed it.’
I found the above short story on a site of amusing Christian stories. Once, not too long ago, I thought I had only one Spiritual Journaling student show up for a workshop. I was thinking about what to do–perhaps send her to another class or what? The “problem” was solved when two more students arrived for that workshop.
But after reading the above, it really touched me that even if I have just the one on any given Lord’s Day, I should do all the Lord allows to give to that one soul all God has for him or her at that particular time.
What a lesson for not only pastors, but each of Christ’s disciples as well.
“So he told them this parable: ‘Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, “Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.” Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.” ~ Luke 15:3 -7
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Seven Wonders of the World
The Seven Wonders of the World have historically been a listing of the seven sites known by the Ancient Greeks as the most remarkable physical setting in their recognized world. However, since that time there have been many others who have developed various lists of the “modern” Seven Wonders of the World. It seems that the only list that has stood the real test of time is the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, produced by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
The Original Seven Wonders of the World
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
I remember being a grade school student and being absolutely enamored by the vision of the third wonder – The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. In fact today I am still drawn to images and renderings of what those gardens may have looked like! Maybe that is why I love my house plants
Other lists include: The “New” Seven Wonders of the World, New York’s Seven Wonders, Florida’s Seven Wonders, Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages, Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World, Seven Wonders of the Industrial World and more. There are several countries that list their seven wonders and there are lists for man-made wonders, civil-engineering wonders and blunder wonders! In all of these lists, I wonder … what have we learned and I get slightly depressed. We are still trying to make ourselves bigger and better than the next guy in most of our Continue reading …
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Have you received a card or note that has been handwritten? If so, I hope you felt the love that went into it. Every year since we have been married my hubby gets a birthday card with a handwritten message in it from his grandmother. They almost all start the same way: “I remember the night you were born …” These cards have been a treasure for my hubby and for me also. Through the years I learned family tales and stories andtraditions were passed on.
A few years ago I did what almost every one I know does on a daily basis. I walked out to my mailbox and picked up the mail. Every day I would get excited anticipating something addressed to me. Maybe I would get an announcement from my favorite nail salon, or a great coupon for a local restaurant, or a postcard from a family member, or a “Thinking of You” card from a friend or maybe … just maybe …a hand-written multi-page letter from a friend!!!
What I found was the same old thing.There was a couple of free magazines, a few odd advertisements addressed to “Postal Customer”, and bills! The only thing that even remotely looked like a personal letter was …
(To read the rest of this entry and enter to win 1 of 2 prize packages, go to the new website at this link address