I’m planning on wearing my bonnet, how about you?
A ritual that hearkens back to the early Christian Church connects individuals being baptized on Easter weekend to the numerous churchgoers who will attend holiday worship services decked out in new Easter finery.
Full story: New Easter finery has deeper meaning | NewsOK.com.
- ZHAN Tiao Retro Bench Iron shoes Bench Rest Bench Gym Dressing Room Bed end Stool (3 Sizes) (color C, Size 80X30X45cm)
- Laliva X4 Plus H107C+ RC Quadcopter Spare Parts Body Shell H107C+-01
- Dark Horse Deluxe Halo 5-Forerunner Phaeton Ship Replica
- Traxxas E-Revo 2.0 VXL Brushless (86086-4) Upgrade Parts Aluminum Rear Upper Suspension Arm - 1Pr Set Red
- Engino ENG-1234 Inventor - Build 12 Construction Models Building Kit
- Madame Alexander SteamPunk Mad Hatter
- Bow roller with rocker plate, 432x150x66mm
- Aluminium-Dibond image 80 x 60 cm Haus Kubus weiss geputzt , image on a Aluminium-Dibond
- HBJP Toy Figurine Toy Model Movie Character Collection Souvenir 22CM Model
- Farmerly 1pcs Deer Christmas Soft Stretch Sofa Cover Home Decor Spandex Furniture Covers Decoration Covering Hotel Slipcover 58121 R, Two seat
- Sportagraphs Pete Best SIGNED Framed LARGE Square Photo Autograph display Beatles AFTAL & COA PERFECT GIFT
- LPKH Tarpaulin Tarp Sheet-Waterproof Sunscreen Tarpaulin,Truck Waterproof Cover Dust Proof Tarp Outdoor Ground Sheet Cover Thick Wear Resistant (color Green, Size 5x6M)
- Leather Globe by Replogle Globes
- Generic Aluminum RVO27SMR06 Rear Multi-Mount Long Travel Rocker Arms 1 10 Car Racing RC123 Store Silver
- Conrad energy Accu ET LiPo 11.1 V 1300 mAh (1348598) 41411
- Rhinestones No-Hotfix of Swarovski Elements SS 7 (2.2mm), Sapphire-AB, 1440 Pieces (10 Gross)
- Funko Pop 2015 NYCC Exclusive Cookie Monster (Flocked)
- Aukee Magnetic Floating Globe World Map Circular Frame with colorful LED for Home Office Desk Decoration 4 inch bluee
- Quacamole Game - Card Game by Outset Media (19215)
- K15219 MAN Highway Snow Plow by Kibri
- Hot Wheels MEGARIG Construction Site
- QINYAN-Home Soft Travel Blanket(70 x60 ) Summer Quilt Comforter Mint Horizontal Wavy Lined color Striped Abstract Soft Toned Nautical Art Display Almond Green White.
- Hot Wheels HW Workshop 192 250 bluee Bentley Continental Supersports on Short Card
- American Girl Isabelle - Isabelle's Tutu - American Girl of 2014
- color12 60 x62 Inch Soft Cozy Throw Blanket orange,Kids Theme Cute Girlish Pattern with Doodle Flowers and Green Leaves, orange Apple Green Yellow Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch Multicolor 50 x60
- Funif Cute 3D Pineapple Plush Toys Stuffed Dolls Fruit Throw Pillow for Home Decoration Yellow 9.8 X 23.6
- Chessex Dice d6 Sets Gemini Purple & Teal with gold - 16mm Six Sided Die (12) Block of Dice (2-Pack)
- 1000pcs Fluorescence 7.2cm Refill Bullet Darts for Nerf NStrike Elite Series Toy
On a very cold, snowy Sunday in February, only the pastor and one farmer arrived at the village church. The pastor said, ‘Well, I guess we won’t have a service today.’ The farmer replied: ‘Pastor, even if only one cow shows up at feeding time, I feed it.’
I found the above short story on a site of amusing Christian stories. Once, not too long ago, I thought I had only one Spiritual Journaling student show up for a workshop. I was thinking about what to do–perhaps send her to another class or what? The “problem” was solved when two more students arrived for that workshop.
But after reading the above, it really touched me that even if I have just the one on any given Lord’s Day, I should do all the Lord allows to give to that one soul all God has for him or her at that particular time.
What a lesson for not only pastors, but each of Christ’s disciples as well.
“So he told them this parable: ‘Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, “Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.” Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.” ~ Luke 15:3 -7
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Seven Wonders of the World
The Seven Wonders of the World have historically been a listing of the seven sites known by the Ancient Greeks as the most remarkable physical setting in their recognized world. However, since that time there have been many others who have developed various lists of the “modern” Seven Wonders of the World. It seems that the only list that has stood the real test of time is the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, produced by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
The Original Seven Wonders of the World
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
I remember being a grade school student and being absolutely enamored by the vision of the third wonder – The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. In fact today I am still drawn to images and renderings of what those gardens may have looked like! Maybe that is why I love my house plants
Other lists include: The “New” Seven Wonders of the World, New York’s Seven Wonders, Florida’s Seven Wonders, Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages, Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World, Seven Wonders of the Industrial World and more. There are several countries that list their seven wonders and there are lists for man-made wonders, civil-engineering wonders and blunder wonders! In all of these lists, I wonder … what have we learned and I get slightly depressed. We are still trying to make ourselves bigger and better than the next guy in most of our Continue reading …
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Have you received a card or note that has been handwritten? If so, I hope you felt the love that went into it. Every year since we have been married my hubby gets a birthday card with a handwritten message in it from his grandmother. They almost all start the same way: “I remember the night you were born …” These cards have been a treasure for my hubby and for me also. Through the years I learned family tales and stories andtraditions were passed on.
A few years ago I did what almost every one I know does on a daily basis. I walked out to my mailbox and picked up the mail. Every day I would get excited anticipating something addressed to me. Maybe I would get an announcement from my favorite nail salon, or a great coupon for a local restaurant, or a postcard from a family member, or a “Thinking of You” card from a friend or maybe … just maybe …a hand-written multi-page letter from a friend!!!
What I found was the same old thing.There was a couple of free magazines, a few odd advertisements addressed to “Postal Customer”, and bills! The only thing that even remotely looked like a personal letter was …
(To read the rest of this entry and enter to win 1 of 2 prize packages, go to the new website at this link address