I’m planning on wearing my bonnet, how about you?
A ritual that hearkens back to the early Christian Church connects individuals being baptized on Easter weekend to the numerous churchgoers who will attend holiday worship services decked out in new Easter finery.
Full story: New Easter finery has deeper meaning | NewsOK.com.
- Pop Vinyl DC Heroes orange Chrome Batman 144 (2018 NYCC Comic Con Exclusive)
- Interactive Doll, Silicone can Enter The Water Bath Toy Simulation Doll Creative Gift, Height 57cm
- Magic the Gathering - MTG - Mirrodin - Little Bashers Theme Deck (White) OUT OF PRINT
- Kids Water Guns Summer Water Pistol Beach Water Blaster Party Toy Super Soaker Pool Garden Beach Adult Toy 41cm
- 1P Pluh Tone Printed ofa Non-Lip Quted orner etional ofa Over Towel lipover One Two Three eat Deoration Lake 1P, 70x180m 1p
- Portable Folding Tables and Chairs Set Back Oxford Cloth Folding Chair Combination of Three for BBQ Camping Fishing Hiking Beach,Versatility
- Herbt001 Bth01 blueetooth Device for Gpro
- Kaiyodo Revoltech Muv-Luv Alternative 013 F-22A Raptor EMD Phase Infinities Action Figure
- Munchkin Land 18 PC Doctor Set Suitcase Carry Case Make Your Little Ones Doctor Multi color
- Dragon Ball Heroes GDM8 series HGD8-44 hit UR
- Dixie Ultra SXP10PATH Pathways Heavy Weight Paper Plate, 10.12 Diameter (Case of 4 Packs, 125 Plates per Pack)
- Block Play Animal Collection For Kids- Dinosaurs for Play and Sorting
- 2018 New Creative Floral Sofa Cover Synthetic Hair slipcovers fundas de Sofa sectional couchhome Textile Sofa Towels dec 19, 90mul160cm
- Printsonne Decor Tapestry Wall Hanging by Decor Wooden Cottage with Windmill Meadows and Shruberry Idyllic Landscape Decoration Home Decoration Wall Tapestry Hanging
- Losi 1 10 Rock Rey 4WD Rock Racer (LOS03009) Upgrade Parts Harden Steel 45 Front Axle with Alloy Body - 1Pr Set Red
- Glam Cos Devil May Cry 5 - V (The Mysterious One) Male Cosplay Costume
- Baby Rocking Horse Wooden,Trojan horse rocking horse with music toy wood rocking chair baby shake
- Trademark Fine Art Invisible III by Sisa Jasper, 14x14
- color07 52 W x 63 L Elliot Dgoldthy Waterproof Window Curtain Funny,Green Crocodile in Helmet Going for a Bike Ride with Friends Cartoon Kids Nursery,Multicolor,Blackout Draperies for Bedroom 42 x54
- SPARK MODEL S87LM93 PEUGEOT N.3 WINNER LM 1993 1 87 MODELLINO DIE CAST MODEL
- SCALEXTRIC Digital Set SL16 JadlamRacing Layout C7042 6 Cars
On a very cold, snowy Sunday in February, only the pastor and one farmer arrived at the village church. The pastor said, ‘Well, I guess we won’t have a service today.’ The farmer replied: ‘Pastor, even if only one cow shows up at feeding time, I feed it.’
I found the above short story on a site of amusing Christian stories. Once, not too long ago, I thought I had only one Spiritual Journaling student show up for a workshop. I was thinking about what to do–perhaps send her to another class or what? The “problem” was solved when two more students arrived for that workshop.
But after reading the above, it really touched me that even if I have just the one on any given Lord’s Day, I should do all the Lord allows to give to that one soul all God has for him or her at that particular time.
What a lesson for not only pastors, but each of Christ’s disciples as well.
“So he told them this parable: ‘Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, “Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.” Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.” ~ Luke 15:3 -7
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Seven Wonders of the World
The Seven Wonders of the World have historically been a listing of the seven sites known by the Ancient Greeks as the most remarkable physical setting in their recognized world. However, since that time there have been many others who have developed various lists of the “modern” Seven Wonders of the World. It seems that the only list that has stood the real test of time is the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, produced by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
The Original Seven Wonders of the World
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
I remember being a grade school student and being absolutely enamored by the vision of the third wonder – The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. In fact today I am still drawn to images and renderings of what those gardens may have looked like! Maybe that is why I love my house plants
Other lists include: The “New” Seven Wonders of the World, New York’s Seven Wonders, Florida’s Seven Wonders, Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages, Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World, Seven Wonders of the Industrial World and more. There are several countries that list their seven wonders and there are lists for man-made wonders, civil-engineering wonders and blunder wonders! In all of these lists, I wonder … what have we learned and I get slightly depressed. We are still trying to make ourselves bigger and better than the next guy in most of our Continue reading …
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Have you received a card or note that has been handwritten? If so, I hope you felt the love that went into it. Every year since we have been married my hubby gets a birthday card with a handwritten message in it from his grandmother. They almost all start the same way: “I remember the night you were born …” These cards have been a treasure for my hubby and for me also. Through the years I learned family tales and stories andtraditions were passed on.
A few years ago I did what almost every one I know does on a daily basis. I walked out to my mailbox and picked up the mail. Every day I would get excited anticipating something addressed to me. Maybe I would get an announcement from my favorite nail salon, or a great coupon for a local restaurant, or a postcard from a family member, or a “Thinking of You” card from a friend or maybe … just maybe …a hand-written multi-page letter from a friend!!!
What I found was the same old thing.There was a couple of free magazines, a few odd advertisements addressed to “Postal Customer”, and bills! The only thing that even remotely looked like a personal letter was …
(To read the rest of this entry and enter to win 1 of 2 prize packages, go to the new website at this link address