I’m planning on wearing my bonnet, how about you?
A ritual that hearkens back to the early Christian Church connects individuals being baptized on Easter weekend to the numerous churchgoers who will attend holiday worship services decked out in new Easter finery.
Full story: New Easter finery has deeper meaning | NewsOK.com.
- Printing All-Inclusive Elastic Spandex Slipcovers Stretch Corner L Type Sofa Covers Sectional Sofa Cover Predective Couch Cover 7, Single Seater
- Osomatsu's Nesoberi stuffed Osomatsu (LL)
- 2x Game of Thrones Game of Thrones Monopoly Board Game
- Traxxas 5569 Alias Tires 2.8 with Inserts, 2-Piece
- Hornby R8583 00 Gauge Skaledale Platform Sections No 1 Railside Collection
- Lldaily Santa Claus Bedding Sets 3D Printed Kids Duvet Cover Sets with 2 Pillow Shams for Boys Girls,Twin Size,pink Red
- Trademark Fine Art Coastal Baby Pattern I Art by Beth Grove, 14x14
- Trademark Fine Art Silhouette on bluee Gingham Ii Art by Nancy Slocum, 14x14
- Amyster Crochet Round Wooden Beads 60pcs Crochet color Mix Ball 0.79 (20mm) DIY Jewelry Wooden Teething Accessories (A178)
- Pokemon Rhydon (61 146) XY
- 2018 Ferrari Racing Formula 1 F1 SF71H 7 Kimi Raikkonen 1 18 Diecast Model Car by Bburago 16806KR
- Nursery Rhyme Bingo is His Name-O
- Special Edition Happy Holidays 1995 Barbie
- Ritsu Tainaka 1 8 Scale K-ON Figure ALTER
- Hey Dude Men's Regular US
- Da Vinci Mural Series 5028 Maestro 2 Paint Brush, Flat Hog Bristle with 40-Inch Handle, Size 20
- Rite Aid Home 8 Twister Glow Light Stick Bracelets (40 Bracelets, with 40 connectors)
- Model car Audi R8GT Car Model Alloy Model Simulation Model 1 18 Static Model Collection Ornaments Gift ( color BLACK )
- LEGO Creator Park Street Townhouse 31065 Building Kit
- Svetanya Amazon Hot Slipcovers Solid color Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Couch Case for Different Shape Sofa S M L XL Size 20180300, S 90to140cm
- Sportagraphs Robert Powell Signed Framed Autograph 16x12 photo display Jesus of Nazareth COA
- Farmerly 1Piece Europe Style Sofa Covers Cotton Fabric Flower Pattern Sofa Towel Soft Slipcover Couch Cover for Living Room Home Decor 02 Sofa Towel 1 pcs, 90x90cm 1pcs
- (Qoopers) - Qoopers Robot Kit STEM Toy - 6-in-1 Transformable, App Controlled, Drag and Drop Coding, Obstacle Avoiding
- RY-Trampo Foldable Fitness Trampoline, Indoor Jumping Fat Burning Elastic Whole Body Lose Weight Training For Adult Kids
On a very cold, snowy Sunday in February, only the pastor and one farmer arrived at the village church. The pastor said, ‘Well, I guess we won’t have a service today.’ The farmer replied: ‘Pastor, even if only one cow shows up at feeding time, I feed it.’
I found the above short story on a site of amusing Christian stories. Once, not too long ago, I thought I had only one Spiritual Journaling student show up for a workshop. I was thinking about what to do–perhaps send her to another class or what? The “problem” was solved when two more students arrived for that workshop.
But after reading the above, it really touched me that even if I have just the one on any given Lord’s Day, I should do all the Lord allows to give to that one soul all God has for him or her at that particular time.
What a lesson for not only pastors, but each of Christ’s disciples as well.
“So he told them this parable: ‘Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, “Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.” Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.” ~ Luke 15:3 -7
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Seven Wonders of the World
The Seven Wonders of the World have historically been a listing of the seven sites known by the Ancient Greeks as the most remarkable physical setting in their recognized world. However, since that time there have been many others who have developed various lists of the “modern” Seven Wonders of the World. It seems that the only list that has stood the real test of time is the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, produced by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
The Original Seven Wonders of the World
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
I remember being a grade school student and being absolutely enamored by the vision of the third wonder – The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. In fact today I am still drawn to images and renderings of what those gardens may have looked like! Maybe that is why I love my house plants
Other lists include: The “New” Seven Wonders of the World, New York’s Seven Wonders, Florida’s Seven Wonders, Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages, Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World, Seven Wonders of the Industrial World and more. There are several countries that list their seven wonders and there are lists for man-made wonders, civil-engineering wonders and blunder wonders! In all of these lists, I wonder … what have we learned and I get slightly depressed. We are still trying to make ourselves bigger and better than the next guy in most of our Continue reading …
This blog will be archived shortly. Please follow at the new website
Have you received a card or note that has been handwritten? If so, I hope you felt the love that went into it. Every year since we have been married my hubby gets a birthday card with a handwritten message in it from his grandmother. They almost all start the same way: “I remember the night you were born …” These cards have been a treasure for my hubby and for me also. Through the years I learned family tales and stories andtraditions were passed on.
A few years ago I did what almost every one I know does on a daily basis. I walked out to my mailbox and picked up the mail. Every day I would get excited anticipating something addressed to me. Maybe I would get an announcement from my favorite nail salon, or a great coupon for a local restaurant, or a postcard from a family member, or a “Thinking of You” card from a friend or maybe … just maybe …a hand-written multi-page letter from a friend!!!
What I found was the same old thing.There was a couple of free magazines, a few odd advertisements addressed to “Postal Customer”, and bills! The only thing that even remotely looked like a personal letter was …
(To read the rest of this entry and enter to win 1 of 2 prize packages, go to the new website at this link address